1. You have to listen to them talk about that “amazing” date they went on the other night.
Which is all well and good, but after you’ve heard about it a million times you’d rather talk about something else.
2. You begin to somewhat resent the guy or girl that they’re now dating.
Because you feel like they’re slowly taking your best friend away from you.
3. You become the third wheel whenever you all go out.
And it’s the absolute worst.
4. They begin to make inside jokes.
That you know nothing about.
And you’re just like…
Who are you and what have you done with my bestie?!
5. So then you interject and reference a joke that only you and your best friend would know.
But they drop the ball, of course.
6. That’s when you really know you’re losing your bestie.
7. They begin to forget about plans you’d planned together.
But it’s not because of “insert name of person they’re dating here,” they exclaim.
8. Your best friend begins to accuse you of being jealous.
And that’s not even the case, you just miss their company.
9. You begin to reflect on things a bit.
Are you jealous? Are you overreacting?
10. They’ve changed so much since dating this new person that you don’t even know who they are anymore.
11. You’re constantly making this face when you’re around them when they’re with their new boo.
Guys, can you not?
12. Since you and your friend no longer hang out that much anymore, you don’t know how to cope with your new found alone time.
13. Eventually you both get into an argument.
Because you’re not standing for this bull anymore.
And you say some pretty mean things to each other.
15. But to the world you give the appearance that you DGAF.
But obviously, you do.
16. Later on, your friend breaks up with their latest fling.
Something you knew would happen.
17. And eventually you both make up.
Because you weren’t gonna let another person destroy a great friendship. Ain’t nobody got time for that.