2. People are always surprised when they find out you can’t eat gluten.
“Oh my God, like WHAT do you EAT?!”
4. Then you have to explain to them that it’s an allergy, but there’s other food in the world to eat.
5. Though sometimes when you get to a restaurant and see how many gluten-free options there are (or aren’t), you want to scream.
6. And, even worse, when you have a waiter that doesn’t know what gluten is, you’re terrified you’re going to be served something that has it.
7. And sometimes if your friend’s eating something awesome like a bagel, you can’t help but watch longingly.
10. Or Michelle Williams, always the one cast aside in Destiny’s Child.
12. Yes, it could be worse. And giving up gluten isn’t that bad, right?
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›