1. Waving at someone you think you know but actually don’t.
Warner Bros. / Via thepoint.ubc.ca
2. Holding the door open for someone far away and forcing them to run over.
3. Replying to someone you think is talking to you, but actually they’re on their Bluetooth.
5. When you’re caught without your glasses or contacts and the people around you are just moving blurs of flesh.
6. When your server says, “Enjoy your meal!” and you reply, “Thanks, you too!”
Disney / Via gifbuffet.tumblr.com
7. Telling a joke but then forgetting the punch line halfway through.
Disney / Via narcolepticdragon.tumblr.com
8. Grabbing a pole on public transportation but then holding someone else’s hand.
9. Saying goodbye to someone then realizing they’re going the same way as you.
10. Walking on a crowded sidewalk and inadvertently swinging your hand into someone’s crotch.
Phil Walter / Getty Images
11. Using your phone in the bathroom and leaving the sounds on for everyone to hear.
12. A: “How’re you?” B: “Doing well! How about you?” A: “Good, thanks. You?”
13. Typing out a text/email in a rush and sending it to the wrong person.
14. Facebook stalking someone and accidentally liking their profile picture from six years ago.
16. Telling someone a hilarious story and realizing that they were the one who told it to you.
New Line Cinema / Via mrwgifs.com
17. Holding your hand near a person’s face for the longest time before they realize what you’re doing.
18. Or you both go for it but you guys aren’t even on the same page.
19. Asking someone at a store for a different size and realizing they don’t work there.
20. Thinking there’s one more step to walk down and tripping over the unexpectedly flat ground.
Disney / Via hazdawg11.tumblr.com
21. When you talk to someone and your voice is gross and croaky because that was the first time you spoke all day.
22. Wearing the same outfit as someone else, probably because you both got it on sale at the same store.
Disney / Via extraordinoory.wordpress.com
23. Attempting to parallel park in front of an outdoor café with plenty of people watching.
24. Laughing out loud at something you read in public and everyone looks at you.
25. Even worse when you just laugh at something you remember and everyone thinks you’re hearing voices in your head.
NBC / Via rg83.wordpress.com
26. Lip-synching to music with your earbuds on the street and looking like you’re talking to yourself.
John Moore / Getty Images
27. Trying to be smooth at the subway or Metro turnstile in a crowd of tourists but getting this dreaded message.
28. When someone calls out your name but you don’t know if it’s you because there are five other Matts in the room.
29. When someone says they’re going to a funeral or a hospital visit and telling them reflexively to “have fun!”
30. Jamming along to a song with friends but then singing the wrong lyrics.
Matt Ortile (or-TEE-lay) is BuzzFeed's resident Cat Deeley and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday. He has been apprehended.