1. A group of eight student protesters stormed into the Liberal Party headquarters on Thursday afternoon, to protest against the proposed higher education changes.
Deanna Taylor / Via Twitter: @NUS_President
2. And after several chants against the government’s harsh education cuts, at the worst moment, in came a delivery of $1152 worth of red wine.
3. According to Channel 9 reporter Andrew Lund during the protest, a SECOND bottle of wine was also delivered.
4. The police arrived to end the wine delivery silliness/student protest.
5. And the protest continued on the street outside the party headquarters.
6. It’s not the first time this year the Liberal Party has been slayed by red wine - NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell stood down after lying about receiving an expensive bottle.
Mark Di Stefano is a political editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the state on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›