1. A group of eight student protesters stormed into the Liberal Party headquarters on Thursday afternoon, to protest against the proposed higher education changes.
Deanna Taylor / Via Twitter: @NUS_President
2. And after several chants against the government’s harsh education cuts, at the worst moment, in came a delivery of $1152 worth of red wine.
3. According to Channel 9 reporter Andrew Lund during the protest, a SECOND bottle of wine was also delivered.
4. The police arrived to end the wine delivery silliness/student protest.
5. And the protest continued on the street outside the party headquarters.
6. It’s not the first time this year the Liberal Party has been slayed by red wine - NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell stood down after lying about receiving an expensive bottle.
Mark Di Stefano is a breaking news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday on the coast of the French island of Réunion "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said.
- Uber drivers waiting for ride requests near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating the incident.