1. Nutella was the only spread in your cupboard.
Nutella USA / Via media.giphy.com
2. And your sandwich always had at least two different deli meats on them.
3. It meant that the other kids in the playground thought you always smelled of salami.
Warner Bros. / Via i963.photobucket.com
4. Your mother was the scariest and most terrifying person in your life.
HBO / Via tumblr.com
5. But Nonna was the most important person. No one else mattered.
Beyond Distribution / Via Looking For Alibrandi
7. Your lounges were always covered in plastic or a rug or a blanket. You were never sitting on that couch.
8. You were given envelopes full of cash for every major life event.
9. Because your family didn’t trust banking so there was always cash stashed away in the house.
Paramount / Via shockmansion.com
10. And while all the other kids had parties at special places… all your birthdays were in the garage.
11. It was also the place for annual tomato day. Or as you knew, child labour day.
12. And beer bottles would be saved throughout the year for this day.
13. And all that sauce (gravy) meant nothing could ever fit in the freezer.
15. When it came to pizza, no one believed you that it should be rectangular.
16. Your mouth was full most of the time so you had to learn to speak with your hands.
17. And you needed to perfect the hand gestures… like this means “what are you doing?!”
18. And this was the most offensive way to dismiss someone.
20. Visitors to the house were always served coffee from this… and thought it tasted terrible.
21. And you were given a coffee addiction you still have to this day.
26. And you got a terrible nickname because people couldn’t say your real name.
Disney / Via media.giphy.com
31. But listen clearly: JERSEY SHORE ARE NOT PROPER ITALIANS!
MTV / Via media.giphy.com
32. Your family were more like The Sopranos, because your Dad would be really picky.
HBO / Via img.pandawhale.com
34. Listening to people trying to speak Italian kinda felt like this.
35. But it didn’t matter because you’re a real Italian who loved telling everyone all the time.
36. We come from the Romans! The people who started civilisation!
Warner Bros. / Via tumblr.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️