1. You tell everyone you’re from Freo because it’s way cooler than being from Perth.
Kristian Maley / Wikimedia Commons
2. You scream when someone pronounces it “Fre-MAAAN-tle”
DreamWorks / Via tinypic.com
3. You wish you went to John Curtin with all the cool kids. But you more likely went to South Freo.
The Worst of Perth / Via wordpress.com
4. Unless your parents were rich and then you had to don a school tie and ended up at CBC or Santa Maria.
Paramount Pictures / Via tumblr.com
5. Freo’s weather is 90% sunny and is probably the best weather in all of Australia.
6. Plus, you looked forward to the days it got above 42 degrees before 9:30am and didn’t have to go to school.
9. Try taking a trip to Rottnest Island these days! It’s cheaper packing up and going to Bali.
Onya Magazine / Via onyamagazine.com
10. But Rotto will always hold precious memories for you… like the time you got to 3rd base at Pinkies Beach! Or lost your virginity at Leavers…
11. Speaking of Bali…. it’s the weekend, want to go to Bali?
Bogan Free Bali / Via ontheroadtobali.blogspot.com.au
12. You can remember when North Freo was an industrial wasteland.
Real Commercial / Via realcommercial.com.au
13. You couldn’t wait to go to The Harbourside when you turned 18 and now it’s Little Creatures.
Your Restaurants / Via yourrestaurants.com.au
14. You still like to tell everyone Little Creatures is Australia’s best beer cause it’s brewed in Freo.
15. Metros Freo was your guilty pleasure but you wouldn’t be caught dead at The Clink… or would you?
16. The best day of the year was the Freo Festival Parade.
17. And the best day of your life was when Freo made the Grand Final last year
Theron Kirkman / AAP / Via abc.net.au
18. Except old Freo locals support the Eagles and they like telling you why that’s apparently really important.
AFL / Via afl.com.au