1. You tell everyone you’re from Freo because it’s way cooler than being from Perth.
2. You scream when someone pronounces it “Fre-MAAAN-tle”
3. You wish you went to John Curtin with all the cool kids. But you more likely went to South Freo.
4. Unless your parents were rich and then you had to don a school tie and ended up at CBC or Santa Maria.
5. Freo’s weather is 90% sunny and is probably the best weather in all of Australia.
6. Plus, you looked forward to the days it got above 42 degrees before 9:30am and didn’t have to go to school.
8. You’re angry “mining prices” have now come to Fremantle.
9. Try taking a trip to Rottnest Island these days! It’s cheaper packing up and going to Bali.
10. But Rotto will always hold precious memories for you… like the time you got to 3rd base at Pinkies Beach! Or lost your virginity at Leavers…
11. Speaking of Bali…. it’s the weekend, want to go to Bali?
12. You can remember when North Freo was an industrial wasteland.
13. You couldn’t wait to go to The Harbourside when you turned 18 and now it’s Little Creatures.
14. You still like to tell everyone Little Creatures is Australia’s best beer cause it’s brewed in Freo.
15. Metros Freo was your guilty pleasure but you wouldn’t be caught dead at The Clink… or would you?
16. The best day of the year was the Freo Festival Parade.
17. And the best day of your life was when Freo made the Grand Final last year
18. Except old Freo locals support the Eagles and they like telling you why that’s apparently really important.
19. Despite that, your Mum would still like Matthew Pavlich’s babies.
20. But you’ve got a strange and unhealthy crush on Nathan Fyfe.
22. You always like to remind people Freo gave the world Bon Scott (AC/DC).
23. And who are we kidding, Freo’s music scene is off the chain! Ever heard of Little Birdy? Tame Impala? Eskimo Joe?
24. And you definitely know someone who had this as their ringtone last year.
25. You’ve spent so much money on flights returning to Freo for weddings.
26. But every single time you do, you think, why did I ever leave?
27. Cause Freo has the best night-life and the best people.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›