1. The obvious: they are the most comfortable pants ever.
Nothing beats relaxing in some spandex that doesn’t remind you of the last meal you ate or whatever body part your jeans unforgivably dig into.
2. Everyone has days when “real” pants with buttons and zippers just seem like a terrible idea.
3. They are so versatile! Case in point: the legging + sweater pairing
A gazillion options, some of which aren’t possible with “real pants.”
4. Leggings allow our limbs the freedom they deserve.
We sit all day in restrictive pants, Spanx, tights, etc. Don’t we owe our legs a break once in a while to have full range of motion?
5. This all-too-common jean situation rarely happens with leggings.
7. For those proud of their exceptional derrières, nothing flaunts this asset better.
8. Leggings make wearing boots easy and bunch-free. Who wants to deal with this 6-step process?
10. They can make the rough transition from the workday to working out less of a pain. All you have to do is swap the top.
11. They make exercising outdoors so much more bearable in the winter.
12. Plus, they don’t rustle, chafe, ride up, move around, or get caught in things when you’re in the throws of a no-nonsense workout.
Can you imagine if she were wearing shorts?
13. Leggings also solve the classic “shir-ress” conundrum: too long for a shirt, too short for a dress.
This woman could use a good pair of leggings.
15. Aside from snow pants, cashmere and knit leggings are some of the warmest bottoms around.
…especially when they’re fleece-lined!
SO. DAMN. COZY.
16. And when leggings don’t suffice, they make an unbeatable companion to leg warmers and thick knee-highs.
18. We rocked them young, and we can certainly rock them old.
19. Leggings are ideal for the travails of air travel.
20. Although some definitely take leggings too far, no one can argue against their potential as a creative canvas.
21. And to those who object to leggings being “see-through,” rest assured they can be as opaque as you want them to be.
22. They can even help you navigate the world.
Well maybe not, but these are pretty damn cool.
23. And in a society that tells us constantly to “mask our flaws,” leggings are a statement of defiance.
24. And when we do want to suck it all in, a high-waisted legging does the trick.
Let’s be real. No one wants to suffocate in Spanx.