1. Ed Sheeran recently dropped his newest single, “Don’t”.
2. Ed says the song is “100% true” and is about a girl he was seeing for a bit who spent the night with one of his friends, while they were on the same hotel floor. It’s pretty scandalous and amazing and also possibly about Ellie Goulding and Niall Horan.
4. Ed hasn’t said out right that it’s about Ellie or Niall BUT his hints make it seem likely.
People “don’t really [know] though, people have assumptions. With that track, I only felt that way for a week, and then I made my peace with it and got on with it. But it just happened that that song was alright and I wanted to put it on the album.
5. Here are some of the lyrics:
For a couple weeks I only want to see her
We drink away the days with a take-away pizza
Before a text message was the only way to reach her
Now she’s staying at my place and loves the way I treat her
Singing out Aretha all over the track like a feature
And never wants to sleep, I guess that I don’t want to either
But me and her we make money the same way
Four cities, two planes the same day
Those shows have never been what it’s about
But maybe we’ll go together and just figure it out
I’d rather put on a film with you and sit on the couch
But we should get on a plane
Or we’ll be missing it now
Wish I’d have written it down
The way that things played out
When she was kissing him
How? I was confused about
She should figure it out while I’m sat here singing
[Knock knock knock] on my hotel door
I don’t even know if she knows what for
She was crying on my shoulder
I already told ya
Trust and respect is what we do this for
I never intended to be next
But you didn’t need to take him to bed that’s all
And I never saw him as a threat
Until you disappeared with him to have sex of course
It’s not like we were both on tour
We were staying on the same fucking hotel floor
And I wasn’t looking for a promise or commitment
But it was never just fun and I thought you were different
This is not the way you realize what you wanted
It’s a bit too much, too late if I’m honest
All this time God knows I’m singing
6. Apparently Ed and Ellie were seeing each other when they sat next to each other at the MTV VMAs last year but Ellie was reportedly spotted kissing Niall at the V Festival, in England, just days before.
Ellie has denied both a relationship Niall and that holding hands with Ed meant anything. But Ed has said, “normal people don’t hold hands if they’re just friends. It was going on, and now it’s not.”
7. Niall has openly discussed his love of Ms. Goulding but has never said anything about the possible relationship.
He told GQ, “”I’ll say one thing: Ellie Goulding – wow. She’s absolutely amazing looking.”
8. Luckily, Ed says that he has no bitterness about the situation.
“I don’t have any bitterness towards that situation at all. I literally got over it within the week and the song just stuck around. I know people hear the song and it might be fresh because it’s the first time they’ve heard it but, I think all parties involved have just moved on.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."