3. Because it makes you seem really cool and insider-y if you can speak about Sassy from first-hand experience.
4. Because like clockwork, every three months Urban Outiftters brings back some ’90s trend. And because Urban Outfitters tells people what is “cool,” the world is suddenly filled with extremely annoying people in overalls.
6. Because people are still wondering whose boy it is.
7. Because middle parts on boys are so universally hated now, it actually brings us all closer together.
8. Because some of us have still not recovered from the death of our Tamagotchi pet.
9. Because we all used to shop at Gap.
10. Because we are all coming around to (and accepting) the fact that the Spice Girls are deeply tied to our female identities.
11. Because all millennials now swear that their high school experience was just like My So-Called Life.
13. Because it is a biological imperative to dance when one hears “U Can’t Touch This.”
14. Because we are disturbed that the art of the mixtape has in fact been lost on a generation.
16. Because even though everything about this is so ugly… you’re strangely attracted to it.
18. Because if you don’t like Daria you are literally the most UNCOOL person in the world oh my god what is wrong with you.
20. Because when someone re-does the credits to a current show to make it look like the intro to Full House, we FREAK OUT.
22. Because we want people to believe that we looked like this in the ’90s.
25. Because it’s kind of a miracle that Ren & Stimpy was ever on the air.
26. Because fashion was actually pretty interesting and edgy in the ’90s.
In The News Today
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›