1. When you’re a basketball fan, March Madness is like a dream come true because it lasts for a whole month.
2. Even when there isn’t a game on, some kind of analysis or discussion always is.
3. For the next four weeks, it’s socially acceptable to make basketball the focus of all your conversations.
4. There are so many conference tournaments to keep track of before “the big dance.”
5. On Selection Sunday, it’s exciting to see who gets chosen to play and what their seed numbers are.
6. Then you can fill out a bracket and speculate who you think will win it all.
This year, Warren Buffet might even award you with $1 billion if your bracket is perfect.
7. It’s a great excuse to reunite with your college friends.
8. If your significant other usually gets annoyed with you for watching sports, even they understand how important March Madness is.
9. Sometimes you can even get away with livestreaming games at work.
10. The tournament brings people together in support of their beloved athletes.
11. And of course, everyone loves a good upset.
Even better is a good Cinderella story.
12. But it’s also fun to watch highly ranked teams do well.
13. And all the replays that get featured on SportsCenter.
14. It gives you the chance to pay attention to players you missed during the regular season.
15. And watch the most talented basketball stars of the year really shine.
16. There’s so much energy and passion packed onto each court.
17. And not just from the players.
Sometimes it’s just as fun to watch for fans during March Madness games.
18. You can unapologetically revolve your weekend plans around what games are on.
And which bars play them on TV.
19. You get a glimpse into real, authentic team camaraderie.
20. And you also witness firsthand who cracks under all the pressure.
21. And watch history unfold before your very eyes.
22. Every second of every game is crucial.
Single elimination, baby.
23. When it comes to March Madness, the most important thing of all is that anything is possible.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.