1. When you got caught with a borrowed copy of the Abercrombie & Fitch catalog.
“Why aren’t they wearing any clothes?! It’s a CLOTHING CATALOG!” — Your mom, constantly.
2. When your Tamagotchi started beeping in the middle of class.
“I literally could not give less of a crap if it dies or grows up to be ugly. Give it to me.” — Every teacher you had.
3. When you accidentally taped over your family’s home movies to make videos of you and your friends choreographing Spice Girls dances.
“Huh? What happened to your brother’s fifth grade graduation video?” — Your dad, about to ground you forever.
4. Turning off the family computer without “safely shutting it down” first.
“Do you realize how much this computer costs!?! You could have erased everything!” — Your parents, who did not really understand how computers worked.
5. When you spilled Wet ‘n’ Wild nail polish all over your bedroom carpet.
“Why is one of your stuffed animals just randomly lying on the floor over there?” — Your mom, about to discover your horrible secret.
6. When you put up a suggestive Candie’s ad on your wall and your mom made you take it down.
“Why would you even want to have a picture of someone going to the bathroom on your wall?” — Every relative you had over 30.
7. Taping over your parents’ blank cassettes to tape Aaliyah songs off the radio.
“WHAT HAPPENED TO GLORIA ESTEFAN?!” — Your mom, losing her mind.
8. Sending away for 12 CDs for 1 cent from Columbia House… and then later having to explain to your parents why you owe them $65.
“Why on earth would you think that you could get CDs for free?” — Your dad, about to give you extra chores for basically until college.
9. When your parents walked in on you listening to Madonna’s Erotica album.
“NOPE. Sorry you spent $15 on this.” — Your mom, confiscating your CD and hiding it in the closet with all the other stuff you aren’t allowed to have.
10. When you asked for waaaaayyyy too much stuff from the Delia’s catalog.
“You don’t need $20 socks. You can get socks from Target.” — Your mom, who secretly thinks everything the Delia’s catalog is super ugly.
11. When you got caught chatting with strangers on AOL.
“And how do you know this person again?” — Your parents, convinced that everyone online was a murderer.
12. When you sent away for a Teen People subscription because the subscription postcard said, “SEND NO MONEY NOW!”
“WHY DO WE OWE TEEN PEOPLE $45??” — Your mom, opening the bills.
13. Back when AOL charged by the minute, and you ended up racking up a huge bill by accident.
“Thirty minutes on the internet should be more than enough time!” —Your naive ’90s parents.
14. When you “borrowed” your mom’s Celine Dion CD (what?) and ended up scratching it.
“You’re buying me a new one.” — Your mom, very sad.
15. When you left your Lip Smackers in the pocket of your jeans, and your mom washed them.
“AKLSDFGJADFLIVAJFV!!!!” — Your mom, pulling sticky clothes out of the washing machine.
16. When your parents needed to use the phone, but you were still on the internet, trying to find free Teen People subscriptions.
“I SWEAR I WILL THROW THAT COMPUTER AWAY.” — Your dad, who always had an important business call to make.
17. When you got caught watching shows on MTV that you were definitely not allowed to watch.
“I’M TURNING THE V-CHIP BACK ON.” — Your parents, who didn’t really know how to turn on your TV’s V-Chip.
18. When you went anywhere near your mom’s mint-condition Beanie Baby collection.
“Don’t touch the tags! This is going to pay for your college education!” — Every mom in 1997.
19. When you were wearing a spaghetti strap top, and your bra straps were showing.
“I am NOT driving to school in the middle of the day to bring you new clothes.” — Your mom, while making you change.
20. When you prank called your crush’s house, and their parents dialed *69.
“WHO IS THIS?!?!?” — Your crush’s super angry mom.
21. When you sneakily read these books or terrorized your siblings with the illustrations:
“Will you stop? You are going to give YOURSELF nightmares.” — Your mom, who was totally right.
22. Whenever you tried to get away with wearing midriff tops anywhere.
“NOPE. NO. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.” — Your parents, ruining every Saturday night.
23. When you forgot to rewind or return Romeo + Juliet to Blockbuster on time and your parents got late fees.
“It’s coming out of your allowance.” — Your mom, banning you from the Blockbuster card.
24. When you read too many Fear Street books, and your mom figured out that they were basically soft-core porn.
“Did you get these from the school library?!” — Your mom, ruining all the fun, forever.