1. You see cats doing adorable and hilarious stuff everyday, but not around you, because you are ALLERGIC AS HELL.
2. Or you may see famous cats on the internet and think THAT COULD BE MY FAMOUS CAT!
But my cat would only be famous for making me unbelievably itchy.
3. You’ll try to make yourself feel better by reassuring youself that “cats are mean!”
Why would I want a pet who I am allergic to AND and hates me?
4. But then you’ll see a story about a cat who does something heroic, like SAVE A SMALL CHILD FROM A FERAL DOG.
5. You’ll try to stay focused on how gross cat hair and cleaning out litter boxes can be.
You will never keep up with the mess, and you will become allergic to your home.
6. But then you’ll see a gif of cat doing something surprising and wonderful, and you feel a little pang in your heart.
7. You’ll try to stay strong, reminding yourself how expensive vet bills can be.
Why should I pay out the butt for an animal that is going to make me miserable?
8. But then you see an ASPCA commercial, and you will tell yourself: “What’s a small cat allergy matter when I could save a suffering animal?”
9. And seeing your friends bonding with their cats breaks. your. heart.
HE’S JUST SO HAPPY!
10. So when YOU hang with your friend’s cats, you will be tempted to pet them.
11. Your friend’s cat will head-butt you and get in your face and will be all like PLEASE PET ME. NOW. NOW. And you try to resist!
Ugh, buddy, seriously, I am super, SUPER allergic to you.
12. Before finally, you just give in, thinking: “Well… if I just pet it a little bit it will be OK!”
Opening purrr-dora’s box, right here.
14. You are maybe even a little charmed when it gives you a little lick with its sandpaper tongue… even though you should know better.
15. “Maybe I’ve outgrown my allergy,” you wonder.
16. But then the cat dander starts to build up…
No matter how much you wash your hands.
17. And then… YOUR EYES BEGIN TO ITCH.
20. And then your face starts to feel like it’s having a total panic attack.
OH NO OH NO I AM STILL ALLERGIC.
21. You take a Benadryl to fix it and then every moment becomes a battle to stay awake.
Oh god if I fall asleep in cat hair I will wake up in agony.