1. When people assume that you like a sport for the man candy.
Trust us, there are a billion faster and simpler ways to see man candy.
2. Or worse, when people think that you’re only into it because your boyfriend is…
3. And if you DID get into a sport because of a boyfriend, the judgement train is unending.
BECAUSE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LIKE ANYTHING NEW, EVER.
4. When your mom accuses you of being unladylike while watching games.
C’mon mom, it’s 2013! Everybody is unladylike!
5. When you have something insightful to say about a player, and nobody wants any of it.
6. When you get too excited about a play, and you learn what a room full of straight dudes throwing shade looks like.
7. But if YOU complain about a dude getting too into a game, you get called a nag.
8. When you can’t watch a game because all your other lady friends just want to watch Housewives.
9. Which means that when you check scores and learn that your team won, there’s no one to high-five.
WHY WON’T ANYONE JUST CELEBRATE WITH ME?
10. When you’re watching at the bar, and some random person (male or female) tries to high-five some other part of your body.
11. When someone will not stop condescendingly explaining the game to you.
12. You have to deal with patronizing women’s sports apparel, like this thong:
Our lady parts do not need to declare their team allegiances to the insides of our pants, we promise.
13. Shirts that forgo a team’s actual colors for trendier ones.
Because obviously women will not buy sports apparel if they think their team’s colors look bad on them.
14. Or clothing items that are pink for no good reason.
Breast cancer fundraising or GTFO.
16. When you’re making Thanksgiving dinner with your family, and your female relatives won’t let you watch football with the dudes.
17. When you tell someone that you’re a fan of a team, and they make you take a goddamned quiz to prove it.
18. The Lingerie Bowl is super awkward.
Girl, you are going to get scraped up to hell.
19. When other ladies do not consider overtime to be an acceptable excuse to cancel plans.
20. When people guilt you for not watching the WNBA as much as the NBA.
Because LOOK AT THAT, there is no excuse, we know, we know.
21. When you guilt yourself whenever you stop to think about how women can be treated at ESPN.
22. When you get left out of a boys-only fantasy league.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept sweeping new austerity measures, which are being pushed by its creditors as a requirement before the country receives further bailout funds.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️