2. Getting food poisoning from the hunk of meat that’s been roasting all day.
Halal carts: So delicious yet so suspicious.
4. Getting sidewalk-trapped by this children/animals/environmental volunteer gauntlet.
“Excuse me, do you have a minute for…”
7. Delivery guys that are way too intense.
Stay off the sidewalks, bro.
8. Walking under this rickety piece of shit while it’s being built.
10. Cabbies who drive like they’re in “The Fast and the Furious.”
11. Their personal trainer.
This is from the David Barton Gym on Astor Place. Equal parts terrifying and confusing.
12. Walking over subway grates.
Sometimes it’s a two-foot drop, other times it’s a two-story drop.
13. Death by waiting in line.
The line for Shakespeare in the Park tickets.
14. That someone’s going to steal your brunch table after you waited outside for 45 minutes.
15. That their favorite bar will suddenly one day without warning become:
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›