1. Dolly Parton.
2. The icon.
3. The legend.
6. Not only is she a true beauty.
8. But she gets points for simply introducing “Jolene” into our lives.
9. As well as “9 to 5”. <3 <3 <3
10. Not to mention the 100 million albums she’s sold over the last 40 years.
12. With the best one liners in the business.
13. From health advice.
14. To her image.
16. And beautifully honest.
18. Because she is Dolly Parton. Our queen.
21. But she’s also a true romantic.
She met husband Carl Thomas Dean in a laundromat in 1964 – 50 years later and the pair are still together.
22. An espouser of family values.
Dolly comes from a huge family – she is the fourth of twelve children.
23. A staunch supporter of gay marriage and equal rights.
24. Who is full of sass, even turning down Elvis Presley.
Before Whitney Houston covered Dolly’s iconic song “I Will Always Love You”, Elvis asked to record it – but he wanted half of the publishing rights, so she turned him down. Go, Dolly.