1. In Smallville, Tom Welling played a character 10 years younger than himself. Here’s Tom’s actual teenage yearbook photo.
I get that he’s Superman, but I’m 27 and I’m still not as put together as 14-year-old Clark or any of his high school freshman friends. Neither was the guy playing Clark.
2. How about Mean Girls?
Regina George is intimidatingly graceful as a Mean Girls’ ringleader. At that age, Rachel McAdams was nothing like that.
3. The Fonz: original greaser rebel RUDE TEEN.
No wonder The Fonz is still cooler than anyone I know.
4. And Pitch Perfect?
Late twenties Anna makes a plausible college freshman. But still.
5. The O.C.’s teens were always suspiciously presentable.
6. Dear 90210: There’s no way a teen’s this mature and confident.
Andrea was 90210’s idea of an awkward geek. She’s a high school newspaper editor. My idea of awkward geek at age 16 was playing Diablo II for 26 hours a day.
7. And here’s the high school tennis star in 90210:
Not even wearing a Big Dog T-shirt and cargo pants.
12. So this is why you’re still not as cool and assured as the “teens” on TV. Remember, this is what real teenagers look like:
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.