1. She gave us Fat Amy, who quickly became everyone’s spirit animal.
2. She doesn’t allow herself to be boxed in by Hollywood’s standards.
She’s consistently gorgeous and hilarious.
3. And surrounds herself with other strong women who do the same.
4. She’s the best kind of quirky.
5. She understands the deceit that is “exercise.”
6. And the facade that is “culture.”
7. She knows what makes a good friend, and it isn’t what’s on the outside.
8. Birthdays. She does them right.
11. She understands that the food threat is the most chilling threat of them all.
12. Like many, she understands that adulthood is the worst.
13. She is both a funny and sensuous woman.
14. She’s clearly the master of making her co-workers laugh.
15. She’s a spiritual human being.
16. She *gets* that the dating struggle is real.
18. She’s a goofball who’s never afraid to laugh at herself.
19. But she also knows how to class it up.
21. Whenever she embraces her weirdness, it makes us all feel better about embracing our own inner weirdness.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.