1. It’s a holiday to show how much you love your friends with handmade gifts.
2. And be creative as hell.
Hand-stitched pillows with the newspaper headline from your birthday? *yas*
3. You get to celebrate your friendship with your best gal pals.
4. Galentine’s Day lands on a Thursday this year, so it’s a convenient night to party.
It’s always celebrated the day before Valentine’s Day.
5. And go to brunch.
It’s the perfect occasion to eat waffles and drink coffee and alcohol.
Breakfast food FTW.
6. It kills the immense hype of Valentine’s Day, and the pressure to be with someone.
7. Essentially, RID THE PATRIARCHY!
8. On Galentine’s Day you can make and listen to an awesome playlist by kickass women.
Listen to RookieMag’s Galentine’s Day playlist here.