1. You’ve been contemplating for a while whether or not you should cut your hair…
…because you’re really tired of your locks getting caught in objects.
2. Mama says you’ll look cute and hip, so why not take a chance?
3. You get to the salon, and the hairdresser begins to wash your long hair… for the last time.
4. The hairdresser whips out the scissors, and starts to cut.
5. At first you think she isn’t cutting off that much — she’s doing a delicate job. Not even worried.
6. Then the hair cutting cape comes off… and you realize you have no hair left.
7. You have to fake a smile, and pretend you enjoy the new short hairdo.
8. But really you feel bald, and you don’t know what to do with yourself.
9. Your friends say you look beautiful, but you know they’re faking it.
Because you won’t get to do this anymore.
Short hair does not grant you this Beyoncé move.
10. You go home to cry for a few hours because life as you know it is over.
11. And you realize in these hours of pain that you can’t put your hair in a messy bun anymore.
You’re left with limited hairdos. #Womp
12. Or keep warm in the winter with your extra layer of hair.
Scarves are now necessary.