1. Asking your friends where they all got their (superior) apartments, and all they ever say is that they “lucked into it.”
3. The shame/guilt in not knowing what to say when someone asks you for directions.
5. The amount of money needed up front for broker fee, first and last months’ rent, and security deposit.
6. Getting packages delivered, unless you are home at the EXACT moment of delivery.
7. Figuring out the unspoken subway code of behavioral ethics. (Is there one? It’s hard to tell.)
8. Trying to understand where you are after getting off the subway. Or before, or during.
9. Getting an actual human from Time Warner Cable on the phone, much less to come to your apartment.
10. Curbing your Midwestern/Southern enthusiasm for seeing people you know.
11. Everyone’s faces when you first pronounce Houston Street wrong (the way it looks).
13. Doing your laundry/getting your laundry done??
14. Buying furniture, getting said furniture into your actual home.
15. Trying to keep up with everyone’s trendy combined-neighborhood abbreviations.
OK I’ve got SoHo and NoHo and Tribeca. But what is ProCro. What is BoCoCa?? WHAT IS “BELDEL”???
16. Assembling your groceries bit by bit depending on how far you’re willing to go that day and how much you can carry.
18. The dramatically heightened number of curbs/corners/subway steps/street cellars to trip and fall over.
20. Having enough cash for restaurants/bars/coffee shops that are cash only.
22. Going from being one of the trendier people wherever you came from to…not knowing what you’d even call what people here are wearing.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️