1. Weather like in the movies, because it is the weather that is in the movies.
Meaning, most of the year it is a cool 77 degrees with an occasional heatwave and a few days of heavy rain. Basically, it wins on all accounts.
2. Awesome concerts where you can eat and drink and enjoy them UNDER THE STARS!
Looking at you, Hollywood Bowl.
4. A plethora of beautiful, albeit freezing, beaches.
Not that you go very often, but having beaches at your doorstep is a bonus not a lot of other major cities can offer.
5. Mountains just a hop, skip, and a jump away.
Like the beaches, no matter where you live in L.A. you are never too far from the mountains – like Big Bear Lake, which is beautiful and only about two hours away.
6. An embarrassment of riches when it comes to professional sports.
Yeah, we might not have an NFL team, but we do have the Dodgers, Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Sparks, Galaxy, and Chivas USA.
7. College sports that muster the same enthusiasm as professional sports.
Not having an NFL team means putting all your hometown pride into the USC Trojans and the UCLA Bruins, who both have some of the best college sports programs in the entire country.
8. Compared to NYC, getting WAAAAAY more bang for your buck when it comes to renting/owning property.
They may have a better public transit system, but at least you have a kitchen that doesn’t have a shower in it.
10. The glory that is the outdoor mall.
And if it gets too hot for outdoor shopping, well, then that’s what the Beverly Center and Galleria are made for.
11. Being able to drive to Disneyland in about 45 minutes.
Depending on traffic, that is.
12. The fact that no matter how long you live here, there will always be something new to explore.
I love you, L.A. Now, if you can just get the 405 under control…
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.