1. For starters, they are literally wrapped like presents.
Can you eat a bouquet of flowers? How about an iTunes gift card? Know what gift you can eat? A burrito.
2. Everyone, no matter what, loves them.
That’s because they are the culinary equivalent of love. And who doesn’t love love?
3. They’re customizable.
Spicy, mild, full of veggies or all meat. The combinations are endless, and so is the happiness that comes along with eating one.
4. They are one of the few gifts that can be covered in sauce and cheese.
I mean, I guess you can cover a new bike in sauce and cheese but it would never beat an ACTUAL burrito.
5. They are a gift you can share with your friends.
Sharing is caring.
6. The anticipation of the first bite is a million times more exhilarating than the moment before opening a regular gift.
‘Cuz, y’know, it’s a burrito.
8. Hell, knowing you are getting one ahead of time is still amazing.
“Oh, you shouldn’t have!” – You, pretending that you aren’t going to completely devour that burrito in 3…2…1…
9. Just the mere mention of burritos brings joy to everyone.
Now all they can think of is when is the next time someone will gift them with a burrito.
10. There is no better way to say, “I’m sorry” than with a burrito.
Burritos: Ending fights since forever and a day.
11. Also, there is no better way to say, “I love you.”
They are a literal manifestation of all that is right in the world.
12. No matter what diet you’re on, there is a burrito for you.
Sushi burritos are a thing and you can gift me one anytime, OK?
13. They are the perfect gift to treat yourself with.
Feeling down? Need a pick me up? Get yourself a burrito!
14. Basically, they are not only the perfect gift, but also the perfect food.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›