1. To start off, both films involve two star-crossed lovers and one tries to warn the other not to fall for them.
Spoiler: It’s because they have cancer and don’t want to to hurt the other person.
2. But they find they are even more unhappy when not together, creating an impossible situation.
6. But they decide to live for every moment and do things they wouldn’t ordinarily do.
Like get married or go to Amsterdam, for instance.
9. They manage to be intimate in a non-sexual way.
Via slow dancing and subtle hand brushing!
10. Their first kiss is spontaneous (and in public) because they just couldn’t hold back their feelings anymore.
11. And their first real physical encounter is adorably awkward and impossibly endearing.
12. Besides the physical, though, they look beyond the present and see the larger picture.
13. They definitely don’t take everything literally.
Landon helps Jamie with her bucket list by getting her a fake tattoo and taking her to a border so she can be “in two places at once.” And Augustus has that whole cigarette thing.
19. Because, thanks to the other person, they’ve changed for the better. And they’ll never forget them.
*cue crying forever* OK BYE
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›