1. You want to live in a world where attractive people are only distant because they’re in love with you.
2. And you’re convinced that love only happens when you’re wearing embroidered silk.
Or a feather-and-diamond barrette. Why not both?
3. You daydream about witty conversation with a brooding new acquaintance, rather than small talk.
4. And the impassioned arguments in period dramas are the only times you want to fight with someone.
PLUS DAT SEXUAL TENSION~
5. Catcallers/sleazy club prowlers only remind you of Mr. Darcy-types who are reserved and would never!
6. And you wish that if you were hit on, it’d at least be worded eloquently.
7. You would trade text messages for handwritten letters any day.
(Obviously, you can still write letters, but finding someone who’ll want to go through the trouble with you isn’t easy.)
8. And you’d give up any club/bar for an ornate masquerade ball.
^ This every weekend, plz.
9. You endlessly yearn to be living in an antiquated estate seductively located in the wilderness.
Haddon Hall, where tons of period pieces have been filmed.
11. You enjoy any opportunity to light candles and create the perfect atmosphere for blossoming romance.
So blackouts are your favorite times of the year.
12. You already know what you want your partner to say when they express their undying love.
And it’s really poetic.
13. You only wish something life-changing would happen during a storm.
14. You would love to charm someone with one of the many skills you were taught as a child.
Be it singing, piano-playing, dancing, drawing or even needlework!
15. And you’re entranced by the notion of ending up with whom you least expect.
Like the person you used to loathe, which happens so often in costume dramas.
But, even though it’s tough, you find comfort in reminding yourself of the luxuries you have now.
For instance: women’s suffrage, not having to wear corsets, and not fearing dying of sickness/childbirth all the time.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker accused of helping two inmates escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈