1. “Am I allowed to chime in at this meeting?”
What if you say something stupid? What if they all remember that you’re just some kid?
2. “Can I ask for something to do?”
You have no assignments, but are you annoying your supervisor to the point of no return?
3. “How will I find my way back to the office after this errand?”
WHAT IF YOU’RE LOST FOREVER?
4. “What should I talk about with my coworkers?”
Everyone is 8+ years older, what do you even talk about? Tax return forms? Kids?
5. “Does my boss secretly hate me?”
You’re always trying to decipher the delicate subtext in their speech.
7. “When can I take lunch? For how long? Can I go outside?”
Can…can you eat?
8. “Should I try and mingle at company events?”
Are you even allowed to be here? DOES ANYONE CARE?
9. “Is my whole career just going to be me doing busy work?”
Your BA in English = licking envelopes and filling out spreadsheets forever, sorry.
10. “Can I check my phone/Facebook for a second???”
If you feel lucky. Do ya???
11. “Am I allowed to say ‘no’ when asked if I ‘want’ to do something?”
“Do you want to reorganize our entire directory?” “Well…”
12. “Should I stay late? Am I allowed to leave?”
No one said you could leave.
13. “Can I participate in Secret Santa?”
When they say everyone should participate, does that include lowly interns?
14. “Do they have a favorite intern?”
Your supervisor smiled at the other intern and not you. This means war?
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.