1. “See, all the other people, that was a choice on their part … I just couldn’t give it away.”
Fey lost her virginity at age 24 to her now-husband, Jeff Richmond.
2. “[Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me… you know, you have to stick up for your beliefs… just follow your own values.”
Adriana Lima was 27 when she consummated her marriage to basketball player Marko Jaric.
3. “It was he who called me several minutes later from the lobby of the hotel. To ask if I was all right. And then he told me: ‘If you really want to, I’ll be the first.’ And I answered him: ‘You’ll be the first. And the only.’”
Celine was 20 when she first had sex with her manager/husband, René Angélil.
4. “I lost my virginity when I was 20. I did other stuff before then, but I was sexually active at 20. I’m glad I waited for the right person.”
Joe Jonas’ first serious relationship was with Ashley Greene.
5. “[I wish I learned] to love the way I looked earlier. I think I would have lost my virginity earlier than I did at 22. I had the public and all this pressure… I think I would have been much more in touch with myself.”
Brooke Shields stated her body image as a big factor in her not losing her virginity earlier.
6. “There were religious issues… also confidence. I had a tricky time with girls.”
Coldplay frontman Chris Martin lost his virginity at age 22.
7. “I’m religious, so I waited until I was 29 to lose my virginity. You may not understand this [but] I did it, then I felt guilty, then I became celibate until I got married.”
Tamera Mowry-Housley was 29 when she had sex for the first time.
8. “[My wife] was encouraging. She found a man who took a stand, control himself, have discipline and more importantly have a lot of self-respect.”
A.C. Green was abstinent until age 38 when he married his wife, Veronique.
9. “Afterwards we lay there and talked, and I could tell he was a really nice person. I commended myself for making a healthy, albeit hasty, partner choice. I really couldn’t wait to tell my mom.”
Lena was a sophomore in college when she lost her virginity to someone in college.
10. “If there’s virgins out there, I just want to let them know, it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. Harder than training for the Olympics, harder than graduating from college, has been to stay a virgin before marriage.”
Olympic star Lolo Jones is still a virgin.
- Police in Colorado Springs are responding to reports of an active shooter at a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›