1. It started Tuesday, when an executive producer at Fox 8 in Cleveland tweeted something said by anchor/reporter Mark Zinni.
“I was just a young kid with a bright future ahead of me,” @markzinni talking about internship at @todayshow and “not so nice” @MLauer— Darren Sweeney
The timing was no coincidence. Two days earlier, New York published a damning cover story that showed a much darker side of Today — and Matt Lauer’s career.
3. “Wealthy BigPenis” wanted to hear more.
@MarkZinni lauer was a dick?— Wealthy BigPenis
4. So Zinni confirmed that he didn’t have the best internship experience.
@CONCEDE i was an intern there in ‘97, his first year on the job… how do i say this….? he was…. not nice.— Mark Zinni
5. And Matt Lauer revealed that he actually does read his Twitter mentions.
@MarkZinni huh? Always tried to be nice Mark. Sorry you didn’t think so. Hope you’re doing well. Matt— Matt Lauer
- Early New Hampshire primary exit polls show independent voters are split between Republican and Democratic candidates 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰