It’s been a tough year for Bobby Valentine. Like a “man, I hate Boston. Why can’t I have a cool job like Amanda Bynes publicist or Hindenberg pilot” kind of a year. It took him all of two weeks to throw a beloved player under the bus, and only a few months for all of Red Sox Nation to collectively lose faith in the magic of Fenway.
2. But every Bostonian’s nightmare ended today when the Sox announced on Twitter that the Valentine era was over.
3. Thus ending what has been a season defined by infighting, losses, and grimaces.
4. The “I miss Japanese chicks” Grimace
5. The “I don’t care what anyone says, Dustin Pedroia’s an asshole” Grimace
6. The “I can’t believe I gave up an ESPN gig for this, they don’t even make you watch the games” Grimace
7. The “Oh shit, the ownership made Terry Francona sound like a drug addict on his way out of town and he won two World Series. I’m fucked” Grimace
8. The “Can we just get rid of Crawford, Beckett, and Gonzalez already?” Grimace
9. The “Man, I kind of miss Adrian Gonzalez” Grimace
10. The “Will ESPN even take me back after this? Maybe if I talk about Tebow…” Grimace
11. The “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I wish I was still with the Mets” Grimace
12. Goodnight sweet prince.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- itscharmingtime Bobby Valentine And The Red Sox: A Se... and thinks it’s Win, OMG & LOL
Why is there not anything, anywhere on Buzzfeed Sports about Miguel Cabrera’s Triple Crown?????? That is a shit ton more important than Bobby V. getting canned, which was honestly inevitable after the All-Star break. No one has won the triple crown for 45 years but Bobby V. was fired from his last MLB job 10 years ago. Come on man.