The Lonely Mountain is getting some company.
The first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, the second installment in the three-part prequel to The Lord of The Rings, has arrived!
After a blockbuster last winter that introduced Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, this new film now presents his Sherlock co-star Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug, a particularly irritable dragon that is quite the obstacle to the homeland-seeking dwarves led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage).
Also, there is some romance.
We won’t spoil it here with words, just priceless GIFs.
2. Here’s where the Sherlock pals meet, kind of like an episode of the show.
3. Here’s the setup…
4. Yes, you were just Oakenshielded. (That’s a word now.)
5. His timing is really great. Close range archery is not easy.
6. (Don’t tell him this, but that’s a bootleg crown for a world filled with gold.)
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰