1. To get this party started, click here to stream some of Nile’s greatest hits as you read below.
2. 1. He co-founded disco’s greatest band.
Chic rescued Disco in the late ’70s. With an infectious sound led by Rodgers’ James Brown-esque rhythms on guitar, Bernard Edwards’ indelible bass lines, Tony Thompson’s drumming skills , and singers Alfa Anderson & Lucy Martin’s soulful vocals, Rodgers & Chic are an unstoppable musical force whose timeless anthems can still be heard on dance-floors to this day.
3. 2. Chic’s best-selling single, “Le Freak,” is also the highest selling single in the history of Atlantic Records.
5. 3. He was a producer, writer, and guitarist on David Bowie’s best-selling 1983 album, Let’s Dance.
7. Bowie + Rodgers = Musical Gods.
8. 4. He produced, wrote, and played guitar for Diana Ross’ best-selling album, Diana.
9. 5. He teamed up with Duran Duran to produce “The Reflex,” the best-selling single of the band’s career.
11. 6. He worked on Madonna’s second album, Like A Virgin, which helped cement his reputation as one of the greatest producers of the ’80s.
13. 7. Chic’s #1 hit “Good Times” is one of the most sampled tunes in music history, beginning with “Rapper’s Delight.”
15. 8. He co-wrote and played guitar on Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories,” the best-selling album of their career.
“Get Lucky” is also Spotify’s most played song of all time.
We’re up all night…
to get funky!
19. 9. Chic has been nominated as a 2014 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee.
You can vote for the disco legends here.
20. 10. Nile has produced, written and/or played on more than 230 million copies sold of Albums and Singles worldwide!
And the man hasn’t stopped! He’s currently touring the globe on his 2013 World Tour.
21. You can get the producer extraordinaire’s biggest hits on his new 2CD Disco Edition of ‘The CHIC Organization UP ALL NIGHT (Greatest Hits)’ available on his official site here.
22. A big THANK YOU to the hippest man on the planet!
Never stop the funk!