2. You were brought up correctly into the true religion of Publix subs.
3. And you got free cookies at the Publix bakery just because you were a kid!
4. By now, the Stingray Shuffle is second nature.
5. Your driving test was a joke, and you probably didn’t even have to parallel park.
6. And you NEVER had to drive in the snow.
8. Field trips to the swamp were actually kind of cool.
12. You could spend hours in one of these.
15. You didn’t have to be rich to have a pool.
17. You petted one of these on a field trip.
19. After every wave, you knew you got to watch the coquinas bury themselves in the sand.
20. Every Friday and Saturday night: the outdoor mall and a movie.
21. You knew exactly where you and your friends could hang out until late at night.
23. Slow drivers don’t faze you, because you’re used to going 30 behind a huge Cadillac with Ohio plates.
26. You got to spend most of third grade learning about these.
27. You didn’t have to wear a big coat over your Halloween costume…because it was still 90 degrees outside.
29. Learning to plot hurricanes was an actual elementary school lesson.
31. You got to freak northern people out by revealing you’d never seen snow.
32. You laughed when people bought these at shell stores, because you already have a bunch you found (already dead, of course).
34. You and your family knew EXACTLY which side you were on.
35. You knew you didn’t need snow to make it *feel* like Christmas.
36. You had a drawer for your regular shorts and a drawer for your nice shorts.
37. This was your family’s idea of a good time.
39. It takes a REALLY big bug to gross you out after growing up with lizards, dragonflies, snakes, alligators, and fire ants.
40. You could play outside all year round.
41. You’re tough with burns, because you’ve touched one of these after it sat in a Florida parking lot for hours.
42. You were always tan, just from walking to and from your house.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›