2. You were brought up correctly into the true religion of Publix subs.
3. And you got free cookies at the Publix bakery just because you were a kid!
5. Your driving test was a joke, and you probably didn’t even have to parallel park.
19. After every wave, you knew you got to watch the coquinas bury themselves in the sand.
20. Every Friday and Saturday night: the outdoor mall and a movie.
21. You knew exactly where you and your friends could hang out until late at night.
23. Slow drivers don’t faze you, because you’re used to going 30 behind a huge Cadillac with Ohio plates.
27. You didn’t have to wear a big coat over your Halloween costume…because it was still 90 degrees outside.
29. Learning to plot hurricanes was an actual elementary school lesson.
31. You got to freak northern people out by revealing you’d never seen snow.
32. You laughed when people bought these at shell stores, because you already have a bunch you found (already dead, of course).
34. You and your family knew EXACTLY which side you were on.
35. You knew you didn’t need snow to make it *feel* like Christmas.
36. You had a drawer for your regular shorts and a drawer for your nice shorts.
39. It takes a REALLY big bug to gross you out after growing up with lizards, dragonflies, snakes, alligators, and fire ants.
41. You’re tough with burns, because you’ve touched one of these after it sat in a Florida parking lot for hours.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.