3. A soul-crushing lack of Publixes.
(Unless you’re fortunate enough to have moved to a Publix-boasting state, in which case, VAYA CON DIOS.)
4. Learning to do your hair in a non-95% humidity environment.
10. Adjusting to real seasons, not just “hot” and “slightly less hot.”
12. Everyone asking why you don’t have a Southern accent if you’re from the South.
Some of us do! But most of us do not.
13. Having huge stashes of shorts that you can only wear three months of the year now.
14. Not being able to jump in a backyard pool any time you want.
15. Hearing people freak out about Category 1 or Category 2 hurricanes.
17. Gasping when you see a wild deer or bunny because we’re used to ducks and lizards.
18. Rain lasts all day, not just for 10 minutes around 3 p.m.
19. Apartments don’t just automatically come with central air-conditioning anymore…
20. …or ceiling fans!
*Ceiling fans are amazing and should be mandatory in every apartment and house in the U.S.A.
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›