3. A soul-crushing lack of Publixes.
(Unless you’re fortunate enough to have moved to a Publix-boasting state, in which case, VAYA CON DIOS.)
4. Learning to do your hair in a non-95% humidity environment.
10. Adjusting to real seasons, not just “hot” and “slightly less hot.”
11. Parallel parking is actually a thing you have to do now.
12. Everyone asking why you don’t have a Southern accent if you’re from the South.
Some of us do! But most of us do not.
13. Having huge stashes of shorts that you can only wear three months of the year now.
14. Not being able to jump in a backyard pool any time you want.
15. Hearing people freak out about Category 1 or Category 2 hurricanes.
17. Gasping when you see a wild deer or bunny because we’re used to ducks and lizards.
18. Rain lasts all day, not just for 10 minutes around 3 p.m.
19. Apartments don’t just automatically come with central air-conditioning anymore…
20. …or ceiling fans!
*Ceiling fans are amazing and should be mandatory in every apartment and house in the U.S.A.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›