3. A soul-crushing lack of Publixes.
(Unless you’re fortunate enough to have moved to a Publix-boasting state, in which case, VAYA CON DIOS.)
4. Learning to do your hair in a non-95% humidity environment.
10. Adjusting to real seasons, not just “hot” and “slightly less hot.”
12. Everyone asking why you don’t have a Southern accent if you’re from the South.
Some of us do! But most of us do not.
13. Having huge stashes of shorts that you can only wear three months of the year now.
14. Not being able to jump in a backyard pool any time you want.
15. Hearing people freak out about Category 1 or Category 2 hurricanes.
17. Gasping when you see a wild deer or bunny because we’re used to ducks and lizards.
18. Rain lasts all day, not just for 10 minutes around 3 p.m.
19. Apartments don’t just automatically come with central air-conditioning anymore…
20. …or ceiling fans!
*Ceiling fans are amazing and should be mandatory in every apartment and house in the U.S.A.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›