3. A soul-crushing lack of Publixes.
(Unless you’re fortunate enough to have moved to a Publix-boasting state, in which case, VAYA CON DIOS.)
4. Learning to do your hair in a non-95% humidity environment.
10. Adjusting to real seasons, not just “hot” and “slightly less hot.”
12. Everyone asking why you don’t have a Southern accent if you’re from the South.
Some of us do! But most of us do not.
13. Having huge stashes of shorts that you can only wear three months of the year now.
14. Not being able to jump in a backyard pool any time you want.
15. Hearing people freak out about Category 1 or Category 2 hurricanes.
17. Gasping when you see a wild deer or bunny because we’re used to ducks and lizards.
18. Rain lasts all day, not just for 10 minutes around 3 p.m.
19. Apartments don’t just automatically come with central air-conditioning anymore…
20. …or ceiling fans!
*Ceiling fans are amazing and should be mandatory in every apartment and house in the U.S.A.
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›