3. A soul-crushing lack of Publixes.
(Unless you’re fortunate enough to have moved to a Publix-boasting state, in which case, VAYA CON DIOS.)
4. Learning to do your hair in a non-95% humidity environment.
10. Adjusting to real seasons, not just “hot” and “slightly less hot.”
12. Everyone asking why you don’t have a Southern accent if you’re from the South.
Some of us do! But most of us do not.
13. Having huge stashes of shorts that you can only wear three months of the year now.
14. Not being able to jump in a backyard pool any time you want.
15. Hearing people freak out about Category 1 or Category 2 hurricanes.
17. Gasping when you see a wild deer or bunny because we’re used to ducks and lizards.
18. Rain lasts all day, not just for 10 minutes around 3 p.m.
19. Apartments don’t just automatically come with central air-conditioning anymore…
20. …or ceiling fans!
*Ceiling fans are amazing and should be mandatory in every apartment and house in the U.S.A.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".