1. Vanna White was once a contestant, although she didn’t make it up on stage.
3. Bob Barker grew up on a reservation in South Dakota and is an official member of the Sioux tribe.
4. The very first one-bid prize was a fur coat. Furs were not offered as prizes since that episode, due to Bob Barker’s strong belief in animal rights.
5. The show discourages contestants from wearing green shirts because some games use chroma key screens, which can blend into a contestant’s shirt.
6. There was once a “Price is Right” wardrobe malfunction.
7. The Big Wheel can BREAK.
8. “Pick A Number,” probably the most boring game on the show, requires the contestant to pick a number to fill in a blank spot in the price of the prize they’re playing for. Zzzzz.
9. One time Snoop Lion — née Dogg — played Plinko, and it was awesome.
10. 74 games are currently rotated on the show. (32 have been retired.)
11. The producers select the contestants based solely on their answers to three questions: your name, where you are from, what you do.
12. One guy got famous by bidding $420 on every prize.
13. The first car offered on the show, a 1972 Chevy Vega, went for $2,746.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Here Are The Top Stories
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈