1. The amazing prom dancing sequence was added in at the last minute to make the movie a few extra minutes longer.
2. Milo Ventimiglia played one of the JV soccer players who helped clean Laney’s house.
3. Rachael Leigh Cook had her short haircut throughout filming and wore hair extensions for the first part of the movie. They’re clearly visible in several scenes.
4. Kevin Pollak, who plays Laney’s dad, is repeating his ongoing joke about guessing horribly wrong at Jeopardy. He originally did this in Truth or Consequences, N.M..
5. The movie contains several hidden references to the famous pop group Hanson.
The two main characters are named Taylor and Zac. Mackenzie and Jesse, two minor characters, are the names of younger Hanson siblings.
6. Usher’s performance as the campus DJ was nothing short of brilliant and Oscar-worthy.
7. Sarah Michelle Gellar, FP2’s future wife, makes a cameo in the school cafeteria.
9. “Laney Boggs” is a combination of the names of two characters played by Winona Ryder: Kim Boggs in Edward Scissorhands and Lelaina “Laney” Pierce in Reality Bites.
They do look alike, don’t they.