1. The OECD recently named the Australian Capital Territory as the best place to live in Australia.
2. REALLY??? ACT???!! More commonly known as the most boring place in Australia?!
5. Canberra is known to most Australians as that place you go to in Year 5 to learn about the government.
6. There is literally nothing at all in the ACT except government buildings…
9. The only good thing in the ACT is Questacon, and let’s face it, even that gets boring after one visit.
10. It USED to be the place to go for porn and fireworks.
But now its just the porn, and, be honest. You don’t need the ACT for that, all you need is an Internet connection.
11. The population of the WHOLE TERRITORY is 370,000. THE WHOLE TERRITORY.
12. That is LITERALLY LESS THAN 10 PERCENT OF SYDNEY.
13. Canberra was built between Melbourne and Sydney because neither city agree which could be the capital.
14. That’s like choosing to eat chicken flavoured chips because all the original and salt & vinegar are sold out.
15. To be fair, the ACT is a good place to go to relax… BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING THERE TO DO.
16. And everyone knows that it needs to be renamed the roundabout capital of Australia.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.