2. The 72oz challenge.
If you eat the Texas-sized 70oz steak and sides at The Big Texan Steak Ranch in under an hour you get the meal for free.
3. Eight hour smoked brisket.
Because grilling and BBQ are two totally different things.
4. The glory that is Dr Pepper.
Dr. Pepper was created in Waco, Texas in 1885.
8. Everything that is Matthew McConaughey.
Not only does he look good, but he’s a winner to boot.
15. And one of the greatest shows of all time…
16. NASA, ‘cause if you want to go to the moon you gotta go through Texas first.
Mission control is located at Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston.
19. Whole Foods Market.
The popular grocery store was founded in Austin, Texas.
Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the most popular water park in the country.
22. Houston Rodeo, which just so happens to be the biggest in the world.
24. High-end art in the middle of nowhere.
Prade Marfa outside of Marfa, Texas.
27. And the R&B icon of a generation: Usher.
28. One of the premier stadiums in all of sports.
29. The Cowboys’ five Super Bowls.
30. And the San Antonio Spurs five NBA championships.
33. Amazing beaches at Galveston Island.
You didn’t think it was all deserts, did you?
34. Flour tortillas so good that they serve as edible spoons.
39. Highway 130, which has the country’s highest speed limit.
42. And a symbol of independence and rebellion in the Alamo.
43. The best regional fast food chain anywhere.
44. The fact that it was once a sovereign nation.
From 1836-1846 Texas was its own country. How many other states can say that?