1. Over time you’ve developed a reputation, so friends always come to you for an “honest” opinion.
No matter how much it hurts.
2. Since you’re very straight up, you find that you have to keep yourself in check.
Unless you want to offend EVERYBODY.
3. If someone catcalls, you won’t let that shit slide.
What the hell are you whistling at?
4. You find that some people just can’t deal with your opinions.
5. Many times you’ve gotten labeled as being an asshole or a bitch just for being honest.
What? Orange isn’t your color, sorry!
6. When someone asks you for advice you respond with, “Do you want the truth, or do you want me to tell you what you want to hear?”
7. And it’s never a watered down or sugarcoated version either.
Why would you sugarcoat anything? You’re not Willy Wonka.
8. Your lack of a filter accidentally hurts people’s feelings on some occasions.
Just ‘cause you’re blunt doesn’t mean that you’re cruel.
9. Your friends offer a disclaimer or apologize in advance before introducing you to other people.
He’s kind of a dick.
10. After dishing it out so much you’ve learned that you can take it as well.
11. You realize that being truthful and being mean are totally different things.
But sometimes the truth does hurt.
12. You’ve had to take it down a couple of notches so you don’t lose all of your friends.
13. Sometimes you literally think out loud and can’t even stop yourself.
14. Your honesty has at times been mistaken for sarcasm.
15. However, it works in your favor when you feel compelled to give compliments.
17. You already have a rehearsed apology for everyone who takes your comments the wrong way.
18. You have a rocky relationship with overly sensitive people.
They just can’t handle how upfront you are.
19. You’ve experienced that phenomena where people have to muffle you before you blurt out what’s on your mind.
20. You’ve been yelled at because being truthful doesn’t go over well with everybody.
You better check yourself before you wreck yourself.
21. Your ex knows better than to bullshit you unless they wanna get hit with some truth.
They’re an ex for a reason.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Kyle Jean-Baptiste, the first black man to play Jean Valjean on Broadway in "Les Misérables," died Friday. He was 21. ›