1. A group of employees from the second-screen app Tvtag sent everyone’s favorite meth cook into space.
Johnny Galbraith, marketing director for Tvtag, explained that the decision to launch Walter into space came about at a company hackathon when the non-tech employees wanted something to do.
2. “TV characters are pretty cool, but it’d be cooler to see them in space,” Galbraith told BuzzFeed.
The company held a poll, and 6,000 voters decided that Breaking Bad’s Walter White would reach the heavens, narrowly beating out runner-up Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones’ Daenerys Targaryen.
3. They launched Walter in Goblin Valley State Park, Utah, and after a couple hours, Walter had reached the final frontier for peddling meth.
“In space no one can hear you knock,” Galbraith said.
4. Then Walter had his “Ozymandias” moment and it all came crashing down.
5. And that was the end of Walter White. *cue “Baby Blue”*
Walter was airborne for six hours and landed in Wyoming — more than 250 miles from where he was launched.