1. On January 3, the Democratic women of the House posed for a photo together after newly elected Representatives were inauguarated.
It was widely circulated after appearing on Getty and other wire services. A record number of women — 80 — were elected to the House. Of them, 61 are Democrats.
2. But later, Nancy Pelosi posted a photo to her Flickr page.
Can you spot the difference?
3. Four women were Photoshopped into the back of the photo!
They included Reps. Yvette Clarke, Shelia Jackson Lee, Corrine Brown, and even Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee.
Pelosi defended the photo. It was,she said, an “accurate record that it was freezing cold, and our members had been waiting a long time for everyone to arrive, and that I had to get back into the building to greet constituents.”
In other words, it was cold, no one had coats, and people had stuff to do. By Photoshopping the four women in, all 61 female Congresswomen were included in the photo.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›