1. On January 3, the Democratic women of the House posed for a photo together after newly elected Representatives were inauguarated.
It was widely circulated after appearing on Getty and other wire services. A record number of women — 80 — were elected to the House. Of them, 61 are Democrats.
2. But later, Nancy Pelosi posted a photo to her Flickr page.
Can you spot the difference?
3. Four women were Photoshopped into the back of the photo!
They included Reps. Yvette Clarke, Shelia Jackson Lee, Corrine Brown, and even Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee.
Pelosi defended the photo. It was,she said, an “accurate record that it was freezing cold, and our members had been waiting a long time for everyone to arrive, and that I had to get back into the building to greet constituents.”
In other words, it was cold, no one had coats, and people had stuff to do. By Photoshopping the four women in, all 61 female Congresswomen were included in the photo.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island of Saipan.