1. This illustration of the miserable rollercoaster that is traveling to and from Jersey.
2. This interpretation of the subway map as concentric circles.
By Max Roberts, a psychologist in the U.K. Check out his work here.
5. This map showing what New Yorkers in different neighborhoods complain about most.
Lots of graffiti in Williamsburg, street lights are never working in Staten Island. From NYU’s Furman Center.
6. This map made of hand-drawn directions from pedestrians.
Artist Nobutaka Aozaki pretended to be a lost tourist, and combined all the directions he got into one map.
He explains: “I ask various New York pedestrians to draw a map to direct me to another location. I connect and place these small maps based on actual geography in order to make them function as parts of a larger map.”
7. This movie map.
9. ExtendNY, which extends the Manhattan grid to the whole globe.
L.A. is at 20,200 Street, Mumbai is at 74,723 Avenue. Play around with it (it’s so fun!) at ExtendNY.com.
12. This map of Bushwick if it were in Super Mario.
Check out more of Ken’s work here.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."