1. Is there anything more British than a Ford Cortina parked outside a Wimpy? *wipes away patriotic tear*
2. “Dear mum. Vera and I are having a lovely time in Redditch. Wish you were here.”
4. The stained concrete on the far right of this postcard really adds to the charm.
6. Broxbourne Civic Centre: the first government building made entirely from old cardboard boxes.
7. Fun fact: in 1975, the residents of Bolton were enslaved by giant Ikea uplighters.
8. Why take a photo of a lovely park when you could stand in the park and photograph a street lamp instead?
10. You can’t even see the whole roundabout. This postcard should really be called ‘half a car’.
11. Preston bus station might be a masterpiece of Brutalist architecture, but would you really want to own a postcard version?
12. Double denim? Anoraks with floral skirts? This photo is so 90s it hurts.
13. That Hertfordshire roundabout photographer could learn a lot from whoever took this photo. No half cars here.
15. Fun fact 2: in 1963, there were only five cars in the whole of the UK*
*This might be a lie.
16. This postcard is currently available to buy on eBay for £4.95. If you pay an extra 5p, they’ll throw in the top of the clock tower.
17. Oh well, Harrogate, at least you tried. Two out of three ain’t bad.
Hilary Wardle is the Scotland editor and is based in Edinburgh.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A judge set a $1 million bond for Ray Tensing, who was charged with murder for fatally shooting Samuel Dubose.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade today. He has been apprehended.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.