1. Is there anything more British than a Ford Cortina parked outside a Wimpy? *wipes away patriotic tear*
2. “Dear mum. Vera and I are having a lovely time in Redditch. Wish you were here.”
4. The stained concrete on the far right of this postcard really adds to the charm.
6. Broxbourne Civic Centre: the first government building made entirely from old cardboard boxes.
7. Fun fact: in 1975, the residents of Bolton were enslaved by giant Ikea uplighters.
8. Why take a photo of a lovely park when you could stand in the park and photograph a street lamp instead?
9. If you can find the church you win a prize.
10. You can’t even see the whole roundabout. This postcard should really be called ‘half a car’.
11. Preston bus station might be a masterpiece of Brutalist architecture, but would you really want to own a postcard version?
12. Double denim? Anoraks with floral skirts? This photo is so 90s it hurts.
13. That Hertfordshire roundabout photographer could learn a lot from whoever took this photo. No half cars here.
15. Fun fact 2: in 1963, there were only five cars in the whole of the UK*
*This might be a lie.
16. This postcard is currently available to buy on eBay for £4.95. If you pay an extra 5p, they’ll throw in the top of the clock tower.
17. Oh well, Harrogate, at least you tried. Two out of three ain’t bad.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›