1. Is there anything more British than a Ford Cortina parked outside a Wimpy? *wipes away patriotic tear*
2. “Dear mum. Vera and I are having a lovely time in Redditch. Wish you were here.”
4. The stained concrete on the far right of this postcard really adds to the charm.
6. Broxbourne Civic Centre: the first government building made entirely from old cardboard boxes.
7. Fun fact: in 1975, the residents of Bolton were enslaved by giant Ikea uplighters.
8. Why take a photo of a lovely park when you could stand in the park and photograph a street lamp instead?
10. You can’t even see the whole roundabout. This postcard should really be called ‘half a car’.
11. Preston bus station might be a masterpiece of Brutalist architecture, but would you really want to own a postcard version?
12. Double denim? Anoraks with floral skirts? This photo is so 90s it hurts.
13. That Hertfordshire roundabout photographer could learn a lot from whoever took this photo. No half cars here.
15. Fun fact 2: in 1963, there were only five cars in the whole of the UK*
*This might be a lie.