1. Students who demand your attention before sufficient caffeine has been consumed.
Simply Made Greetings / Via etsy.com
3. The kids that are so horrible you know they will haunt you for years to come.
Twitter: @teacher_probs/status/433080619770183680 / Thinkstock
5. Parents who think their children can do no wrong.
Twitter: @lauescott/status/299725770891337730 / Thinkstock
6. Trying not to laugh when a student says something hilarious but completely inappropriate.
7. When all of your students are giggling and you have no idea why.
VH1 / Via giphy.com
8. Non-teachers telling you how you should be running your classroom.
Twitter: @TeacherProbs11/status/296743214684180483 / Thinkstock
9. When a student finds you on Facebook or Instagram.
Fox Searchlight Pictures / Via giphy.com
10. Bidding farewell to your evenings and weekends.
Twitter: @TeacherProbs11/status/277592292183920640 / Thinkstock
11. Realising that there definitely IS such a thing as a stupid question.
Paramount Pictures / Via giphy.com
12. Having a front row seat for the demise of the English language.
Twitter: @TeacherProbs11/status/308207266883059712 / Thinkstock
15. Still acting like a teacher when you’re supposed to be acting like a normal human being.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/442373315647111168 / Thinkstock
16. When a kid asks you a difficult question that you definitely don’t know the answer to.
DreamWorks Pictures / Via giphy.com
17. The complete loss of your privacy, and, at times, your dignity.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/428910241481097217 / Thinkstock
18. Waking up early in the morning, even on weekends and holidays.
TNT / Via tardischasingcompanion.tumblr.com
19. Running into students in the worst possible places.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/417066170832154626 / Thinkstock
23. Praying for snow days.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/404791870603395072 / Thinkstock
25. Trying to remember every child’s deadly food allergies.
Twitter: @teacher_probs/status/395893111882137601 / Thinkstock
28. Explaining to your friends why you won’t hang out with them in the evenings.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/454432176423976960 / Thinkstock
30. Wanting to do this when a student disrespects you.
Comedy Central / Via youtube.com
32. Meeting people who get paid more than you to do easier jobs than yours.
Twitter: @MissTeacher_/status/458659531535683585 / Thinkstock
Hannah Jewell is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›