Ashley does a squee dance upon meeting Nyan Cat’s father, Chris Torres.
Celebrating the anNyanversary.
The bar was appropriately rainbow-colored. Little jars filled with Jolly Rancher-infused vodka, Gummi Bears soaked in vodka, Jell-O shots and an array of plain old booze.
Dare I drink the strange purple fluid in the jar?
Oh, I dare. It tasted like napalm and corn syrup.
Here comes the cake!
Chris Torres, being Nyan Cat’s progenitor, blew out the candles.
As you can tell by the pure ecstasy written upon Chris’ face, the cake was delicious.
Nice set of gams, Nyan Cat! Chatting up Chris Torres is 21st Street Games’ Creative Director, Brian Ferrara.
After cake, it was time for the pinata.
There was even a special mask and whacking stick. I’m not creepy at all.
Stepping up to the plate. What form, what grace…I’m admittedly pretty drunk at this point.
But I still manage to connect!
I softened it up for this lady.
Who proceeded to knock it out of the proverbial pinata park.
The pinata (or piNyanta), was filled with Laffy Taffy and, fittingly, Nerds.
Ashley gets the last dance with Nyan Cat.
On the way out of the party, Ryan and I chug God-knows-what out of test tubes. It did not give us super powers. While we did not become super heroes, we did become super obnoxious.
Ashley gets a souvenir. Happy birthday, Nyan Cat! (Thanks to Amy Sly for all the awesome photos!)
27. A Video Scrapbook Of Nyan Cat’s Birthday Party, Complete With Super-Duper Fan Ashley Baccam Interviewing Chris “Nyan Father” Torres
28. And Here’s The Offical Party Video
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›