2. Beaches swarming with tons of beautiful people.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3. Lime, sugar, and cachaca as your go-to cocktail, aka caipirinhas.
4. Guaraná as a soda, and not as the extract in 5-Hour Energy™.
5. Getting fresh coconut water on the spot.
6. Being allowed to drink a nice cold beer…at the beach.
Really anywhere, actually (except while driving, DUH).
7. Pão de Queijo, or what others may know as “cheese bread.”
8. Birthday parties with endless plates of salgadinhos and brigadeiros!
Fried goodness and chocolate truffles.
12. The second part of the song that comes after “Happy Birthday!”
15. Being around people who can samba.
Like this lady!
16. Dressing up in all white and jumping into the ocean on New Year’s.
17. Getting your costume ready for CARNAVAL!!!
18. Releasing your inner country every June for Festa Junina.
20. Chanting your soccer team’s battle cry at a home game.
Mengão do meu coracao!!!
21. Bumping into a capoeira presentation on the street.
22. Kids running around and playing soccer in packs with their smiling faces.
23. Getting your soap-opera fix every night on Globo.
Drama, drama, drama.
24. Normally priced Havaianas that are not considered to be couture flip-flops.
The classics, before U.S. department stores got their hands on them.
25. Some of the most beautiful architecture in the world.
Oscar Niemeyer everywhere you look!
26. Waterfalls, on waterfalls, on waterfalls.
27. Saying “what up” to J.C. every now and again.
28. Did I mention the beach?
Porto de Galinhas, Pernambuco
29. Putting your Nascar skills to use while driving a stick shift.
30. This song that you still can’t get out of your head.
Yes, even after two years.
The Brazilian Diva.
33. And of course, watching this little breakdown of Pharrell and Snoop getting their samba on!
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›