1. She was exhiliaritingly intimidating.
A teenaged girl who wasn’t afraid to step on some toes (and more) while being true to herself and she’s funny? I’m in love!
2. She was checking privilege before it was cool.
For some of us, Kat was the first fictional feminist we saw who was awesome, witty, clever, got the hot dude, and was just plain inspirational.
3. She gave great advice.
Middle school and high school would’ve been so much easier if we had just listened to Kat.
4. She taught us the art of sarcastic flirting.
Rule #1: a sarcastic response to a guy is never complete without a good eye-roll.
5. Her interactions with her sister were on point.
That camo top is solid, too.
6. She fought to control her own destiny.
Rather than standing up to her dad as a form of teenaged rebellion, Kat simply believed in her own abilities and potential. There’s a big difference and it was awesome to see.
7. She knew exactly how to interact with the opposite sex.
This movie did give me the false impression that my high school would have guys like Heath Ledger attending it. I was sadly mistaken.
8. She had her priorities straight.
Wait, I can actually focus on making myself happy instead of other people? OMG.
9. She taught us how to deal with authority figures.
It’s not a lie if you believe it.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›