A sign from the Red Emma’s bookstore & coffee shop in Baltimore.
“If you are struggling and have no idea what to buy those loved ones, do like so many other fine and upstanding women by visiting the Franklin & Wolfe Variety Store and engage in a stimulating exchange of knowledge with the throngs of folk looking over our fine store!! Especially examine our fine school supplies, as well as games! Our shelves are also continuously filled with special books and curios which have been stocked for the delight of all your many children!
See proprietor for detailed information about why it is always important to read between the lines.”
9. They have an endearingly idiosyncratic way of classifying things.
31. They have a keen sense of irony.
Found written on a used bookstore’s copy of Slaughterhouse 5.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›