1. Omnishambles definition:
A situation which is shambolic from every possible angle.
2. Omnishambles origin:
This guy. Malcolm Tucker, from the British political satire The Thick Of It.
3. For example:
“Not only have you got a fucking bent husband and a fucking daughter that gets taken to school in a fucking sedan chair, you’re also fucking mental. Jesus Christ, you are the fucking omnishambles, that’s what you are. You’re like that coffee machine, you know: from bean to cup, you fuck up.”
—Malcolm Tucker to Nicola Murray, “Series 3, Episode 1,” The Thick of It.
4. How to use “omnishambles” in a sentence (for best results, affect a British accent):
5. Omnishambles synonyms:
Clusterfuck, debacle, shitshow, fiasco
7. GIF definition:
A moving image that was invented by CompuServe in 1987.
8. IN SUMMARY…
9. America’s Word Of The Year
11. The End.
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.