1. This kitten who is undergoing an existential crisis.
“Cats are condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, they are responsible for everything they do.”
2. This flat-faced cat who finally got around to watching the last episode of “Six Feet Under.”
“You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”
3. This kitten who just realized that the road we travel is a solitary one and that whatever lights might guide our way we are nonetheless traveling into the dark.
“O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark,
The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant.”
4. These kittens who just saw the trailer for the new “Total Recall” remake.
“Gott ist tot.”
5. This flat-faced cat who had a really disappointing burrito from Chipotle.
“Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable.”
6. This kitten who just woke up and re-remembered that each morning means grappling anew with the soul-shattering realization that one day must of necessity follow upon another.
“Forever I shall be a stranger to myself. In psychology as in logic, there are truths but no truth.”
7. This cat, who stayed home today specifically to wait for the cable guy, who OF COURSE didn’t show up and didn’t even bother to call.
“Nothing thicker than a knife’s blade separates happiness from melancholy.”
8. This cat who is realizing that dogs are just unbelievably annoying.
“The truth is that everyone is bored, and devotes himself to cultivating habits.”
10. This cat whose book club just announced that they’re reading “Eat, Pray, Love.”
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
11. This kitten who just reached the mirror stage and experienced the terror of realization that comes with seeing oneself as a distinct entity.
“For the signifier is a unit in its very uniqueness, being by nature symbol only of an absence.”
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›