1. Watch a group of clueless Americans attempt to perform these iconic K-Pop dance moves:
2. 1. “The Arrogant Dance”
4. 2. “Electric Shock” by f(x)
5. 3. “Fantastic Baby” by Big Bang
If you don’t know Big Bang, you don’t know what you’re missing. Members Taeyang and G-Dragon are especially known for their slick moves, but even if they stood still, this idol band radiates pure swag.
7. 4. “The Butt Dance”
Oh, you know, just another enormous dance craze of ladies shakin’ their booties, but “Mister,” by KARA manages to make it totally cute. Sorry, Anacondas.
8. 5. “Sorry, Sorry” by Super Junior
One of the biggest boy bands in K-Pop had this massive hit with an unforgettable routine by Nick Bass and Trent Dickens (who also choreographed the the likes of Usher and Justin Timberlake). Also check out “Bonamana” and “Mr. Simple” to fully appreciate how super these guys really are.
9. 6. “I Am The Best” by 2NE1
It’s hard not to love 2NE1. Attitude. Style. Dance. Crossover appeal. They have it all.
11. 7. “Ring Ding Dong” by SHINee
Many idol bands like EXO, INFINITE, 2PM, and TVXQ! are known for being flawless dancers, but SHINee reigns supreme in featuring technically difficult and highly recognizable dance moves. See also: “Lucifer” and “Sherlock.”
12. 8. “Gee” by Girls’ Generation
Other notable girl groups with fantastic dancers like 4MINUTE, T-ara, and miss A simply cannot compare to the sheer celebrity and popularity of Girls’ Generation. From “Genie” to “The Boys” to “I Got A Boy,” these nine women have become synonymous with the power of the Korean Wave.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›